Impressions Art Contest
Duties: Prepare and host the school-wide Art program within the resources available to you and the budget for your PTO
- Work with your Vice-President in the planning of your program. He/she may have resources available to assist you.
- Prepare a cover letter and rules/entry form.
- Advertise the contest in the PTO & school newsletter and Facebook pages.
- Set the deadline date for entry submissions. Be at the school one day for submission entry.
- Prepare judging criteria and select judges.
- Plan a school reception. Ask for custodian help, ask PIEs for refreshment donations, have a speaker to announce the winners, ask for volunteers to help set up.
- Order ribbons for winners and make certificates for all entries.
- Deliver all school winning entries to the county.
Preplanning meeting in early August, one to two days at school to accept entries at the end of August, coordination with judges in September, school reception and county delivery in October.
Creativity: Design flyers to advertise for Art Contest in line with the theme for that given year. Plan and host a reception for the winners and participants.
Dependability: Manage volunteers and be available for questions.
Organization: Know the entry rules and coordinate judges.
Lifespan of Committee:
August – October
Expand and promote Arts education for our students within the school system.
- Thursday, December 13
- Friday, December 14
- Friday, December 21
- Saturday, December 22
- Sunday, December 23
- Monday, December 24
- Tuesday, December 25
- Wednesday, December 26
- Thursday, December 27
- Friday, December 28